In yet another blow to Anwar Ibrahim, the Court of Appeal today dismissed the opposition leader's appeal to quash his sodomy charge.
In a unanimous decision, the three-member panel led by Justice Abu Samah Nordin ruled that the trial should proceed despite documentary evidence from three doctors there was no sign of penetration of Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan's rectum.
The joint clinical forensic report by doctors Khairul Nizam Hassan, Mohd Razali Ibrahim and Siew Sheue Seng - who examined Saiful on June 28, 2008, two days after the alleged sodomy - also said there were no signs any defensive wounds on Saiful's body.
With the decision, Anwar's sodomy trial which began two weeks ago will continue tomorrow.
On Dec 1 last year, the Kuala Lumpur High Court judge Mohamad Zabidin Mohd Diah dismissed Anwar's striking out application and ruled the matter should proceed to a full trial.
The prosecution had argued that the medical report was only half the evidence and hence, should not be treated as conclusive.
It said that samples obtain from the victim's rectum shows there was semen.
There you go... Read and see what's amiss here. Three qualified doctors confirmed that there was no sign of penetration yet the prosecution somehow or another managed to extract some semen samples from Saiful's virgin ass. Wonder who is the doctor that do the extracting? Maybe it's the CSI team from our infamous police force that managed to penetrate further to extract the samples. Half the evidence? No sign of penetration and the three doctors must have erred for not flushing out Saiful's rectum for further test. Well, the KL High Court judge bought the prosecutor's story. And they must have thought that we are all fools.