It's a blatant lie to say that's the legal firm was involved,” he told a press conference in Penang this morning.
The embattled Rohaizat had been under fire from Pakatan Rakyat leaders since Monday's nomination after it was found that his lawyer practicing license had been struck off by the Malaysian Bar in March last year.
The Bar had clarified that the 38-year-old Rohaizat was punished by its disciplinary board over his own personal misconduct in discharging his professional legal duties as a lawyer.
Deputy Prime Minster Muhyiddin Yassin, who is party's deputy president, defended Rohaizat yesterday.He said the Umno leadership was convinced that the party's candidate was not guilty of any wrongdoing.
According to Muhyiddin, the disbarred lawyer had already settled his problem with his client - Koperasi Pekebun Getah Negeri Pulau Pinang Berhad - with a RM161,000 repayment sum. DPM admitted to his wrongdoing here. If not guilty, why pay?
Also follow this live from the ground at AlBanjari...