" I am confident and believe that all the trials we are facing today can be overcome if we remain united and work together with firm determination."
"A united people is the country's strongest line of defence in facing any situation both internally and externally."
"No one citizen is recognised as being of a higher position than another in this nation. This nation belongs to all of us. Whether we rise or fall depends on all of us."
Let me try not to be cynical here and allow me to give him the benefit of doubts towards his sincerity with his Independence Day' s speech.The People unite way before March 8th and March 8th was just a message to the administration that The People had had enough of the endless nonsense that have been churned out by the administration. The People further confirmed their voice in the recent concluded by-election.
Mr PM, the Message from The United People remains clear: The United People movement is going to throw their support behind any party or parties who listens and support The People's call for total reform to the rotting system that has been undermining our country's progress. The People's livelihood is in dire straits, mainly due to the terminal diseases that this rotting system had bred over the decades.
Mr PM, since you made that appeal for support few days ago, we, The People, shall always be fair. If your appeal for support is sincere, then it is also fair that you listen to The People's need..
So, Mr PM, here is the do-list for you for the betterment of Our Country and The People...
1) Remove all the Racist Segregation agendas that has been jeopardising this country's progress to further strengthen our mark as one of the contributing economic force to the world. Equal business opportunities should be for All, and not only confined to one ethnicity as it caused one party to be complacent while the rest remained unmotivated. This barricade should also be remove in the field of education and sports.
2) A total revamp in Cabinet. Ministers with history of: being racists, power abuse and corruption should be dealt with and remove. Najib, Nazri, Syed Hamid, Muhd2 Taib and Hishamuddin just to name the few to start with and they shall be replace by people based on merits. Consider the inclusion of qualified personnel from Pakatan Rakyat. This has to be done with the only consideration given to the country's well being as a whole and not based on races or religion.
3) Draconian laws like ISA and OSA need to be redefine if not, removed.
4) Judiciary need to be made independent from Executive power so that no one shall be above the law.
5) An independent ACA, answerable to the Parliament, is required desperately to stop the rampantly outright corrupted practices that is happening right before The People's eyes.
Mr PM, these are the few that crossed my mind at this present moment. I may be the lone voice here but i am sure there are many in The United People movement who shares the same and perhaps, they may have more to contribute to my list here..
Let The Voice of The People be Heard...