Monday, September 14, 2009

Meme: Save Yvonne's Sight...

Malaysian Heart and Uncle Zorro tagged me with Save Yvonne's Sight meme at about the same time.
I find out that there are too many procedures to follow so I may stray abit from this and do what I think would be more of an effective way to reach out to the people.
My sincere apology but I meant well here.

This is Yvonne's plight..

Yvonne Foong, the author of "I'm Not Sick, Just A Bit Unwell - Life with Neurofibromatosis", 22 years old, has this disease, which has severely affected her sight and hearing due to tumours in the brain and spine.

She is scheduled for an operation between 1 and 4 December 2009. The cost of surgery is USD44,000 or RM154,770, and the cost of staying in hospital for two weeks is USD915 or RM3219.

She has raised about RM52,454.28 of this and is hoping to raise the rest by republishing her book "I'm Not Sick; I'm Just a Bit Unwell" in English and Chinese. The books are now available in Malaysian bookshops and from her web site store.

To know more about NeuroFibromatosis, Click Here..

How you can help? Please visit Here..

I personally feel that it is appropriate to tag Pete of Malaysia-Today and The People's Parliament for a better and effective outreach since time is limited now.

Meanwhile, I am going to play my little role and further send emails out to people whom I believe can help make this a success.

For those who wants to help pass on this meme, go to Fi-sha for the rules and procedure. She has done a good job there.

Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF). Please find out how you can help her by visiting her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com/.

No comments: