Since April 09, we have been bombarded by this 1Malaysia concept promotion through billboards, mainstream media, government linked corporations and every possible ways they can think of..
Imagine hundreds of million is been spent to knock this propaganda into our brains. And that is not all.
Then the 1Malaysia F1 team came in to further promote 1Malaysia concept to the world. Another few hundred million yearly commitment with taxpayer's money.
But, do we rakyat need all these wasteful spendings just to promote the 1Malaysia concept?
Ironically while millions and possible billions is been used to promote Najib's version of 1Malaysia to the gullible world, the handling of the racist cow head incident singlehandedly undermined all that have been done thus far.That says very much about the governance we have for our country. Why all this wastage of public funds for something that is not necessary in the first place?Your guess is as good as mine.
The recent revelation by Raja Petra on our so called BN government's involvement in the 12.5B PKFZ scandal has finally nailed them to the wall. It clearly shows that it was not solely a MCA affair but the BN government as a whole to squander off the country's money. But, we all know that PKFZ is not the only scandal.
Below are some other filp flops posted by Antares on MalaysiaToday portal:1. The Bank Bumiputra twin scandals in the early 1980s saw US$1 billion (RM3.2 billion in 2008 ringgit)
2. The Maminco attempt to corner the world tin market in the 1980s is believed to have cost some US$500 million. (RM1.6 billion)
3. Betting in foreign exchange futures cost Bank Negara Malaysia RM30 billion in the 1990s.
4. Perwaja Steel resulted in losses of US$800 million (RM2.56 billion). Eric Chia, was charged with corruption for allegedly steering US$20 million (RM64 million) to a Hong Kong-based company
5. Use of RM10 billion public funds in the Valuecap Sdn. Bhd. operation to shore up the stock market
6. Banking scandal of RM700 million losses in Bank Islam
7. The sale of M.V. Agusta by Proton for one Euro making a loss of €75.99 million (RM 348 million)
8. Wang Ehsan from oil royalty on Terengganu RM7.4 billion from 2004 – 2007
9. For the past 10 years since Philharmonic Orchestra was established, this orchestra has swallowed a total of RM500 million
10. In Advisors Fees, Mahathir was paid RM180,000, Shahrizat Abdul Jalil (women and social development affairs) RM404,726 and Abdul Hamid Othman (religious) RM549,675 per annum
11. The government has spent a total of RM3.2 billion in teaching Maths and Science in English over the past five years. Out of the amount, the government paid a whopping RM2.21 billion for the purchase of information and computer technology (ICT) equipments which it is unable to give a breakdown.
12. The commission paid for purchase of jets and submarines to two private companies Perimeker Sdn Bhd and IMT Defence Sdn Bhd amounted to RM910 million.
13. RM300 million to compensate Gerbang Perdana for the RM1.1 billion “Crooked Scenic Half-Bridge”
14. RM1.3 billion have been wasted building the white elephant Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) facilities on cancellation of the Malaysia-Singapore scenic bridge
15. RM 100 million on renovation of Parliament building and leaks
16. National Astronaut Programme - RM 40 million
17. National Service Training Programme - yearly an estimate of RM 500 million
18. Eye on Malaysia - RM 30 million and another RM5.7 million of free ticket
19. RM 4.63 billion, ’soft-loan’ to PKFZ
20. RM 2.4 million on indelible ink
21. Samy announced in September 2006 that the government paid compensation amounting to RM 38.5 billion to 20 highway companies. RM 380 million windfalls for 9 toll concessionaires earned solely from the toll hike in 2008 alone.
22. RM32 million timber export kickbacks involving companies connected to Sarawak Chief Minister and his family.
23. Two bailouts of Malaysia Airline System RM7.9 billion. At a time when MAS incurring losses every year, RM1.55 million used to buy three paintings to decorate its chairman's (Munir) office.
24. Putra transport system bailout which cost RM4.486 billion.
25. STAR-LRT bailout costing RM3.256 billion.
26. National Sewerage System bailout costing RM192.54 million.
27. Seremban-Port Dickson Highway bailout costing RM142 million.
28. Kuching Prison bailout costing RM135 million.
29. Kajian Makanan dan Gunaan Orang Islam bailout costing RM8.3 million.
30. Le Tour de Langkawi bailout costing RM 3.5 Million.
31. Wholesale distribution of tens of millions of shares in Bursa Malaysia under guise of NEP to cronies, children and relatives of BN leaders and Ministers worth billions of ringgits.
32. APs scandal had been going on year-after-year going back for more than three decades, involving a total mind-boggling sum of tens of billions of ringgits.
33. Alienation of tens of thousands of hectares of commercial lands and forestry concessions to children and relatives of BN leaders and Ministers worth tens of billions of ringgits.
34. Travel around Malaysia and see for yourself how many white elephants like majestic arches, roads paved with fanciful bricks, designer lamp posts, clock towers, Municipal Council buildings that looks more like Istanas, extravagant places of worship, refurbishment of residences of VIPs, abandoned or under-utilised government sports complexes and buildings, etc! Combined they could easily amount to the hundreds of billions of ringgits!
35. Since 1997, Petronas has handed out a staggering 30 billion ringgit in natural gas subsidies to IPPs who were making huge profits. In addition, there were much wastage and forward trading of Petronas oil in the 1990s based on the low price of oil then. Since the accounts of Petronas are for the eyes of Prime Minister only, we have absolutely no idea of the amount.
And there are more... where has all these monies gone to? Siphoned off and wait for bailout from the government seemed to be the normal practise.Read Bakun dam to be much worse than PKFZ scandal. Another classic example of their modus operandi. Timber gone and numerous bailout later. How much does it costs the rakyat? How much higher is the final cost from the initial budget? Pthui !!!When Constitution Went Unconstitutionalized And Law Became Biased
The Perak State coup de'tat is another fine example of the abuse by those who walks the corridor of power. It involves the cops and the judiciary which make a mockery out of the state's constitution and our country judicial system.
The police highhanded manner in drowning the people's voice during the 1st August Anti ISA rally shows that our police force are practising double standard in enforcing the law and order. Why were we brutalized while others remain free even when they intentionally stoke racial sentiment? Crime rates remain high when they chose to mobilize their resources against peaceful marchers and vigilers.
Organized vices continue to operate gallantly under their watchful eyes. Organized as in with their blessing? No wonder one of the head said that all is still under control. The rest are just petty criminal like handbags snatcher which of course does not deserve their attention as it is not as rewarding enough.
1807 deaths while under detention as suspect. One was merely a witness under MACC. This statistic is over a six years period. That is equivalent to 3 deaths for every 4 days. Amazing statistic.. This is what our police force is all about. What happen to the law that exists in our country?
Yes, all the above are courtesy from the Barisan Nasional led government over the decades. This country and her people are under threat from the BN government and it's rotten system.
We cant trust this government anymore. We have no more faith in the judicial and we cannot rely on the police force to protect us.
Our country is in total shambles. Our country is being raped continuously by those who walk the corridor of power with PDRM and the judiciary as their enforcer.
Our soldiers need to stand up and protect our country from these threats coming from within.
Bagan Pinang would be the best place to make a heady start.
So soldiers, insists on making your own stand to exercise your own rights. Make your vote counts.
Vote against Evil, Vote against Barisan Nasional